Durham Special Needs Planning Attorneys
Helping Families Take Care of Their Loved Ones
Walker Lambe’s Special Needs attorneys have daily experience with the issues that matter to individuals with disabilities, our attorneys can advise you about:
- Qualifying and applying for public benefits, such as the Medicaid, North Carolina Special Assistance and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Programs;
- Availability for Alternative Programs, such as the PACE program and ABLE Accounts;
- Guardianships and alternatives to Guardianship, such as Powers of Attorney;
- Special Needs Trusts/Supplemental Needs Trust
Walker Lambe’s Special Needs attorneys can also offer legal guidance to Trustees that serve for Special/Supplemental Needs Trusts as well as financial planners, personal injury attorneys and family law practitioners who serve individuals with disabilities and their families; our attorneys can offer counsel about:
- Whether or not a Special Needs Trust should be created to hold settlement funds;
- Assist with structured settlements for disabled individuals;
- Assist family law attorneys craft child support agreements for children with special needs as to preserve their public benefits;
- Assist Trustees navigate the world of Special Needs Trusts so that government aid is not compromised;
If you need assistance with planning for disability or special needs, contact Walker Lambe, PLLC today at (919) 493-8411.
What Is a Special Needs Trust?
A Special Needs Trust enables a disabled beneficiary to receive assets from the Trust to supplement their needs while not compromising essential needs-based government benefits. There is a variety of Special Needs Trusts. For example, some are specifically designed to receive assets that belong to the disabled beneficiary (First Party Special Needs Trust) and others are established to receive inherited assets (Third Party Special Needs Trust).
The attorneys at Walker Lambe can assist you in evaluating the options and establishing a Special Needs Trust that works for your specific situation. Call us today to find out more.
Contact Us Today to Get Started
You should not have to worry about what would happen to a loved one with special needs if you were no longer able to take care of them. There are several legal resources available to help you plan for many contingencies. Contact Walker Lambe, PLLC today to learn more.
Call (919) 493-8411 to schedule a meeting with our Durham special needs planning attorneys.
We're here with you through the long haul. When life changes arise, we'll be here to help you navigate those changes wisely and effectively.
At Walker Lambe, we are not only passionate about law, we believe in building close, long lasting relationships with our clients.
We don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to your estate planning or business needs. We focus on understanding your situation in order to develop unique solutions to meet your goals.
Having served families and businesses in Durham for over 40 years, there isn't much we haven't seen.